Experience is a vital component when it comes to choosing a DUI lawyer. A lawyer’s background and level of experience can significantly impact the outcome of a criminal case.
Criminal lawyers with years of experience defending DUI charges have the background, knowledge, and skills to navigate your DUI defence effectively, and as DUI lawyers, we’ll develop a strong and intensive strategy to win your case.
Here are some reasons how experience counts in DUI law:
- Deep understanding of DUI law and legal procedures: Our DUI lawyers have seen a wide range of cases over an extended period of years. We know the case law that the prosecution may use, and the ones we use to win, the meanings and applications of breathalyzer technology and we know how to fight an aggressive trial.
- Negotiating and argument skills in court: Before any trial there’s an opportunity to review the case with a Crown Attorney. A strong defence for DUI includes negotiation skills, not only in court but in chambers with judges and throughout pre-trial discussions with Crown Attorney’s. The ability to speak persuasively can dramatically affect the your outcome.
- Strong Defence & Trial Preparation: Each case is different, together we’ll review the whole case, including the police disclosure to build a winning defence. We’ll look at the arrest, breathalyzer tests, and be ready to cross-examine police officers and witnesses. Our defence will include relevant Canadian Case law and any applicable legal arguments. Our trial preparation will include a strong defence strategy based on the circumstances of what happened during your arrest and police involvement. As well, we’ll analyze evidence to identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, and convincingly argue in support of your innocence and/or dismissal. We’ll leave no stone unturned!
- Court Knowledge: You want a lawyer with a history. A defence lawyer the Crown Attorney knows is a fighter, going to put up a fight and they’re a bit wary of. Your lawyer’s reputation for advocacy, tenacity and even just being known as a straight shooter can dramatically affect how you are treated at court.
- Established relationships in the legal community: Experienced DUI lawyers often have established relationships with prosecutors, judges, and court staff, which can help them better navigate the legal system and achieve the best possible outcome for their clients. This can be especially beneficial when negotiating plea deals or arguing a case in court.
Experience is essential for a DUI lawyer: Year after year the experience and deep understand of our DUI lawyers grow. Time tested defence strategies, while constantly tuning our abilities to learn and negotiate effectively. We know how to advocate on our clients behalf and how to win DUI and drinking and driving charges, helping thousands of drivers. Ultimately, when considering any legal counsel or a dui lawyer, experience can make a significant difference in any outcome.
Call Charitsis Law today, speak to an experienced dui lawyer about your charge and get some advice. We’ll go over your charges and point out the areas we see issues with, while giving you an honest opinion about your case. There is no fee to speak to a lawyer.